Wednesday 31 January 2007

Hibs, the PEP team and me...

Oh dear! Sitting watching the Hibs v St Johnstone semi and SJ have just equalised while I write. Half my immediate family are at the match supporting the Hibees (we Jambos have better things to do with our time) so there'll be a few fast beating hearts in the Maginnis family at the moment. Been the tease of the day at PEP. Everybody there a seasonholder at Easter Road (except me) and it's all been poking fun at my expense. Not a person not wearing green. Not a person not prepared to believe Hibs won't triumph in this make or break week... goodnatured ...but...football is serious stuff...just hope it doesn't go to penalties - could I ever forget Hampden 2oo6 and penalties against Gretna. Biting my nails, eyes squeezed shut till somebody said, 'It's Townsley stepping up.' Ex Hibbee...knew we were all right then!

Elections definitely in the air now - phoned up by the Lib Dem MSP campaign tonight which was interesting. This first PR election for the council will be a new experience. ..(Hibs just scored- Maginnis hearts beat even faster at Tynecastle) ...the received wisdom is that STV is as much about the candidate as it is about the Party which is no bad thing. I do believe the electorate can separate wheat from chaff ...but it's definitely going to be challenging. I'll just do what I've always done. Work hard, stay focussed, try to be optimistic (at election times not my natural forte), take nothing and nobody for granted...see what happens...

Read a lot of rubbish in some anarchist rag about Waterfront (and me) - folk should get their facts right before they rush (anonymously) to print or pass malicious gossip off as facts. Frankly, it's amazing reading all the things I'm supposed to have done. 'My old granny used to say, 'Never mind, hen. If they're talking about you, they're leaving somebody else alone...and at least they're not ignoring you.' Sad, but true.

Three minutes to go and Hibs look like they've got it. Go and get my bullet proof vest out for tomorrow. That PEP team won't miss me...

No comments: