Wednesday 3 September 2008

No use complaining

Tonight it was the turn of Royston/Wardieburn Community Centre management committee and more depressing news that the rebuild project is stalled for another interminable internal Council reflection...I remain hopeful the project will proceed but have agreed to put a question down at Council for a 'state of play' update. Like me, the management committee are fed up with the palaver.

Surgery was busy today. The numbers of enquiries rise exponentially and eat into my (very) scarce time. I share a secretary with 3 other councillors and I get a quarter of her time. This is not a lot of help for a ward 4 times the size...no use complaining though...nobody would listen anyway.



1 comment:

Justanotherpiltoner said...

There is no point in complaining about Elizabeth Maginnis now, she passed away on Sunday morning, and although she was disliked and disrespected by so many people, some of us know the woman behind the politician and to us she was a lovely person. My heart goes out to her family RIP Elizabeth