Tuesday 23 October 2007

economic development

The first meeting of the economic development committee today...it has many more members than I thought and 9 officers ranked at the top table...I wonder how much it costs to hold them all there for the two hours of the meeting...

I was pleased the chair accepted my proposal to call for an audit of all current economic development activity across the council - currently it is spread thinly and to poor effect: each area will hold steadfastly to their own wee bit (probably doing well) but losing the synergy of joint working and direction: I was also pleased the committee agreed with me to undertake an investigation into establishing an Edinburgh Bureau, similar to Glasgow's to act as a focal point of promotion for the Capital. I also want to push for a review of our relationship with VisitScotland. I don't think we good value from them. We shall see...

No comments: