Wednesday 19 March 2008

Piling on the beef

Surgeries have been busy this week - not quite sure why, but lots of different problems and many new people. I have a lot of letter writing to do tomorrow.

Tonight, after a public meeting hosted by the Royston/Wardieburn Community Council, I went off for a coffee with a long standing friend Roberta. I have known her since I was practically a kid ...well at least since I was 25, and our friendship has followed a long, occasionally rocky road (politics always get in the way!) She and her husband always make me welcome and we had a great discussion on the meaning of life - George is heavily into astrophysics and always leaves me baffled...one thing we all agreed upon: isn't Alex Salmond piling on the beef? Must be all that Scottish diet! Bet you he's sneaked in a few pies and porters...

No comments: