Saturday 25 August 2007

5 taxi drivers, 4 ministers and 3 policemen

The weekend- thank the Lord. No weddings, no family demands, no constituency obligations - just 48 hours to do as I please. Inevitably it will involve a fit of cleaning - it's either boom or bust chez Maginnis and it's been a while since the furniture has seen a duster or the floors a mop. Husband off to watch the Hibs with elder son and eldest granddaughter and I'm taking my old mum to the pictures - 'Knocked Up' ...nothing too challenging, hopefully funny....

Then tomorrow, the garden: the weeds are springing up again; the forecast is good and I enjoy gardening if I can get some time at it. For a moment I can pretend I have Nature at my mercy.

I wonder at the nature of the new city council: reflect on the fact it at least 5 taxi drivers; 4 ministers; 3 policemen on it...I wonder what you could draw from that? Answers on a postcard please...

No comments: