Saturday 4 August 2007

Spring has sprung

In a previous blog I mentioned Gordon Brown has dealt with fire & flood & war in his first month - now he has pestilence...I don't think I'll be alone in saying, please God, not another foot & mouth outbreak. Gordon, I'm sure, will deal with this problem with the same calm assurance he had dealt with all his other trials. He has wanted to be PM for so long...I wonder if he ever thinks 'be careful what you wish for' .

My son-in-law, whose grandmother was a Tory councillor on Edinburgh Corporation, and whose natural political affinity is not with Labour, seldom discusses party politics with me. Yesterday he gave rave reviews for Gordon, making very positive comparisons with TB. And at PEP, colleagues who pay little day to day attention to politics, also spoke very favourable of Gordon's first few weeks. A peaceful handover (despite Press attempts to stir it), a mature performance from the cleverest man in British politics and the Tories once again in disarray - I think Labour may well be in for an historic 4th consecutive victory. I can feel a Spring election being sprung!

This morning 8.30 - M&S arrive with our new sofa. Rats...it doesn't fit through the TV room door... the window will have to come out to let the sofa in...I can feel an aaargh coming on...

No comments: