Monday 6 August 2007

Moving on

I don't often use the bus - partly to do with time constraints, partly because every time I get on a Lothian Transport bus somebody sits beside me and talks non-stop...I like to use travel as thinking time so I don't want to talk to people but I have never learned a strategy for heading them off at the pass.

Three weeks ago boy racer son 'borrowed' my wee Fiesta since both his vintage, souped up cars went kaput. Ergo...I am forced on to Lothian buses. Last Thursday was an epic: board the bus at the Bridges - wee fat woman sits beside me and talks about the bingo till she gets off at the Foot of the Walk...wee fat man gets on bus outside Tam O'Shanter (at least that's what it used to be called) pub in Great Junction Street, sure as hellfire sits beside me, and talks all the way to Granton Road about his mobile phone. My husband says I've just got the kind of face people like to talk to: I can't change my face so that's the last bus I'm on this year. More walking for me, at least till I get my car back!

Bumped into Kingsley (Thomas) and Gina yesterday: both in good spirits. Moving on from the Council was obviously a good move for him but a big miss for Edinburgh. Kingsley is an able, thoughtful man and Labour right down to his cotton socks. We need more like him.

No comments: