Sunday 9 December 2007

Aaiee: I am dead!

Can't believe my last post was Wednesday - just shows how time flies.
On Thursday we had a gathering of Labour Party members for a Christmas get-together and a house fire: microwave burst into flames, belching smoke - amusing for the guests and certainly a topic of conversation - me, I'm not so amused...been painting ever since but the house stinks of acrid smoke...as the Germans used to cry in the Victor when they had been mortally wounded, 'Aaiee, I am dead.' That's precisely how I feel...the living dead.

Only one crumb of comfort: at least Wendy Alexander, with her manoeuvre on the constitutional debate, has managed to leave the SNP isolated on a big political issue, rather than us - the anti-Labour alliance has been pretty robust since May...maybe, just maybe, she has insinuated Labour a little nearer to the heart of the agenda...but with all this 'donorgate' stuff still rolling on, it is difficult to see her getting out the mire.

No comments: