Thursday 27 December 2007

It's over for another year

That's it for another year: Christmas Day was lovely. Quiet yet busy - and full of family. Santa was extremely generous...all gifts very acceptable and everybody seemed to like theirs too. Best moment was our 3 years old granddaughter on opening her doll's house which granny and grandad had so painstakingly painted and decorated - pink and cream...a wee girl's dream. She was speechless but her oh so expressive eyes said it all.

Then, the party yesterday - only one real miscreant who drank far too much, the food was well received as was the musical interlude...this morning the house is a complete shambles: I didn't know I had so many glasses or plates not recommended for use in the dishwasher - so they are stacked high waiting for manual washing - not my forte - and since both Mike and I are working today they will be there awaiting his return. I will plod on with clearing up, putting furniture back, hoovering & mopping - but first I'm away to PEP. Never felt less like it in my life!

No comments: