Thursday 12 June 2008

You are the weakest link

Lots of interest from constituents in who will succeed Ewan as leader. Inevitably, much centres on my intentions.
Circumstances have changed since I stood in the race for leader in 2006, not least with my family and at PEP. Both now require a great deal more of my attention and time so I am ruling myself out of this competition. I say, though, that whoever gets the post will be very privileged...

Today, I shepherded a group of local folk round the City Chambers. For most, this was their first visit and I think they enjoyed it. By coincidence we bumped into George Grubb, the Lord Provost , who gave them a few moments and impressed them mightily. Sometimes, it is easy to be blase, especially when you have been in public life as long as I, but their reaction puts it all into perspective. People are impressed by our Chambers and the regalia of office. It is important to acknowledge the citizen's pride in their Capital city.

I am intrigued by Marilyne's latest decision to expel the parent rep from her school closure forum. I expect her 'irrefutable evidence' was the same as her total conviction the problem at Portobello was vandalism when it really wasn't. Every single call is the wrong one. How long before the Coalition says: Marilyne: you are the weakest link.

No comments: