Wednesday 28 November 2007

And now Royston faces the cosh too

Last night at Muirhouse Community Council I heard a rumour which at first I dismissed as risible...ever suspicious though, I checked this whisper and it has come roaring back at me...
It seems that the new community wing at Royston/Wardieburn...already confirmed in the capital budget [which should have started last year but was held up by endless revisions in design] and the refurbishment of Royston Primary School is now officially 'under review'...code for 'might get dropped'.

I can hardly believe it but it seems I must...especially (so it is whispered) because the Convenor is under pressure to deliver on Burdiehouse Community Centre. Now, I have no angst against the good people of Burdiehouse - they deserve a new community centre, I'm sure - but so do the good people of Granton. I hope it is not true but I fear the worst. Should it come to pass there will be an almighty reaction from the community.

I have alerted my ward colleagues. It will be interesting to see how they react.

No comments: