Saturday 24 November 2007

Vegas

Forty three hours of travelling all in, just to see my boy married. I tell you a mother can do no more.

Announcing he was getting married in a fortnight was bad enough; telling us it was in Vegas was even worse; but being married by Elvis was the worst of all. For anybody interested enough I understand it is still on the web http://www.cupidswedding.com/ (stuart/jenny). The 'real' wedding service was conducted by a very kind preacher who managed to make this most surreal of surreal occasions feel serious and sincere... the Elvis bit was pure hilarity. The White Chapel was something else altogether...as is Vegas...

Highlights: definitely the wedding...the wedding supper in the Bellagio Hotel's Picasso restaurant - fountains dancing to the music of Sinatra and Pavarotti and the literally the best food I have ever tasted...The Strip, utterly unbelievable - especially Caesar's Palace...a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon and a champagne picnic next to the Colarado River in Arizona, pinch myself, can this be real?... discovering the magic of apple/gin martini

Low points: 42 hours travelling especially Los Angelos airport, a dirty unfriendly hell- hole...losing $200 dollars in less than 5 minutes at the black jack table...recovering from the magic of apple/gin martini

What can I say?

Would I go back? YES
Would I take the same flight routes? NO
Am I broke? YES
Would I do the same again? YOU BET

No comments: