Tuesday 6 November 2007

Bingo

Apart from the news and history programme I don't watch much telly. My one weakness is Spooks. Half the time I have no idea what's going on but I like the characters (especially Adam and Ros) and the apparent insider knowledge that goes into the writing. Tonight's episode conflicts with Celtic v Benefica and Mike has removed to the conservatory to watch the end of the game...he is not a happy man, being shifted out his warm, comfy chair so I can watch BBC1.

Just back from the business meeting of the Neighbourhood Partnership...Cllr Morris did a pretty good job of getting through the agenda but what we actually achieved, I'm not sure...in fairness, I think she is as frustrated as anybody at how slow progress is...eventually though it will all slot into place and hey bingo.

And today I met Alvin who knows a thing or two about flood defences - he wants the council to spend £740,000 in the next couple of years to bolster the walls at Cramond and Portobello. Granton & Leith he'll leave for WEL and FPA to take care of...should be interesting.

No comments: