Monday 5 November 2007

Fireworks

Think this blog could become a countdown to an unexpected wedding if I'm not careful. I will spare you the minutiae but my children appear to make a speciality out of hasty weddings. In November 2002 my daughter who had been living with her 'partner' told us she was expecting their first child and now they wanted to get married...on 25 January 2003. She gave me three months to organise it - THE WORKS - venue for 130 guests, frock, bridesmaids, cake...you name it, she wanted it -'before the bump showed' - at the time it was frantic...how I pity my son's future mother-in law...there's no bump, no hurry...just a wedding in 3 weeks time...sweet things. I hope some day, some one will do that to them.

Fireworks tonight - Granton sounds like the sound track for Shock & Awe and my wee dog is terrified...quivering in the corner, unable to eat for fear. The vet recommended diazapam...which seems a bit extreme. Personally I love fireworks and wouldn't ban them but I can understand where the animal lovers are coming from.

And finally, good news today...I am officially discharged from the hospital...as cured of cancer as anyone can be...yes, more tests in a couple of years but free of the persistent anxiety drag that goes with the territory...so I think I'll away and set off that rocket and get ready to dance at a wedding I once thought I might never live to see.

No comments: