Tuesday 29 January 2008

In hot water!

Meant to go to a conference today on tourism but feeling really under the weather so instead I went to the GP who tells me I have a viral infection and I am to keep it till it goes away....aiiee ...I am dead (Victor comic...Japanese soldier shot by brave British Tommy). I am not that stoic and am fed up feeling poorly...

Two constituents contacted me today about their water pressure or lack thereof. Given the amount of rain that fell today it is hard to imagine there could be a problem. A discussion with Scottish Water reveals there definitely is. A burst water pipe means folk can't get a hot shower or bath and though Scottish Water promises to be 'on the job' tomorrow it's not a comfortable thought. I give to only 2 charities: one for cancer research, the other to provide clean water in Africa. The first because of my own family history; the second because I think it's a scandal that generations are blighted by blindness as a result of dirty water. Set in that context, not getting a hot shower is trivial...but this is our context and it matters!

No comments: