Tuesday 8 January 2008

Worrying parallels

Still confined to the house while one superbug after another batters me. I am totally knackered, every bone aches, I feel squeamish most of the time etc etc. I hate being off work and am totally bored but, in truth, motion of any kind is exhausting. Even setting the laptop up almost defied me.

I read that Mike Bloomberg ex-Democrat backer and ex-Republican mayor of New York is about to enter the presidential fray. Certainly rich enough to run as an independent, and with all the credentials to represent the Jewish democratic lobby, he will be a formidable candidate against a Mormon Republican and a Christian Afro-American Democrat.

Barack Obama, while certainly a talented orator, has said nothing of substance that enthuses me...I still think his flame will begin to flicker... but the opinion polls must be worrying Clinton...one thing is for sure the presidential race is wide open.

Eric (Milligan) reminded me today of the post Vietnam election where the Democrats rallied behind McGovern and his anti-war rhetoric and in the end were thumped...for those on the left, there are worrying parallels.

No comments: