Tuesday 12 February 2008

Dog shit

Another really busy day though I managed to be home by 7.30, for once not too late to cook a proper meal and share it with Michael. He has turned into a Sudoku fiend and when he is not watching football his face is buried in the newspaper puzzle. Usually this is easy for him since I am not home. Tonight though, he has been forced into conversation but has already begun pencil tapping...there must be a game on and he wants to switch on the TV ...I will torment him a little longer before I concede.

Neighbourhood Partnership business meeting was the highlight (I use the word advisedly) of the afternoon. A presentation on the future of the Waterfront Recruitment Centre -well intentioned but however you read the script, it feels like an acknowledgement there won't be too many jobs in the immediate future for local people on the Waterfront. A debate too, on the role of action groups with much excitement about the Clean, Green & Safe action group's initiative on dog shit...no more, I beg you...

No comments: