Friday 15 February 2008

Granton Posh and Proud of it!

Caught up with the Council agenda for Thursday 21st.
I think the Coalition is at it.
They have called an extra meeting to discuss the budget and then filled the agenda with policy papers on the future structure of the Children & Families Department. First, it denigrates the importance of the budget, second it denigrates the overwhelming importance of getting the management of C+F right, third it abuses the democratic process...pack as much as you can into one very long, very full agenda and limit the scrutiny...it stinks!

Someone told me the Evening News had carried a snippet about my intention to go help the Democrats if Hillary Clinton wins the nomination. I went in search of it on the internet today. Just a few lines, very inoffensive... I was frankly surprised to find anybody would bother to leave a comment. Some folk can be pretty sour can't they? The one that made me laugh was the person who accused me of having a 'posh' accent ( moi? ) that slips when I lose my temper. That's when I swear. Ain't ever mastered the art of posh swearing...'thait's just a boogah' ...'hail mained it' ... hah, hah, nobody would ever take me seriously again.
You just can't take the girl out of Granton nor Granton out the girl...and I'm proud of it!

No comments: