Saturday 2 February 2008

FOI

Yesterday an email came round informing all councillors of a Freedom of Information request about taxi use. Expect a 'splash' soon in some journal or another. I freely admit to using taxis occasionally, especially if my car isn't available. Getting between PEP and the City Chambers and back again is not easy. I won't use the excuse of no buses routes in West Pilton either (though it's true). I just don't have the time...

Talking of buses, PEP took possession of its latest new 14 seats minibus yesterday. It took months of fundraising to secure the £32,000 it cost to buy and convert for wheelchair accessibility. PEP's fleet completed 44,000 passenger journeys last year...which just goes to prove my point of no bus routes - without PEP a helluva lot of very old, frail and vulnerable people really would be housebound. Freedom of movement is just as important as freedom of information.

No comments: