Wednesday 20 February 2008

sturm und dang

It is an absolute truism that when your spirits are down your body mirrors it. I am feeling rotten again. The New Year virus that never really lifted is back with an extra vengeance. Oh joy!

Tomorrow is Annette's funeral and Council's budget day which promises to be a long one. I can't see myself feeling any better after that ordeal either. Full marks to Ewan and his budget team for the effort they've put in to produce a budget that reflects Labour values. We've prioritised education, jobs and the vulnerable and we are proud to stand up for those values. Undeniably, it is unlikely we will win the day but we will make our arguments vigorously. We will not be faulted for effort.

On Friday I am on holiday - expeditiously and serendipitously away while my son and family move house ...which will be an event in itself. Instead, I will happily visit after, take a bottle of something bubbly to honour the new home and be pleased I have avoided all the sturm und dang.

So it's goodbye from her for a few days ...

No comments: