Wednesday 9 April 2008

T5

First case home, just like a homing pigeon, was Mike's kilt then a full 24 hours later mine's follows suit. I understand the company delivering the late luggage receives £37 per suitcase. They'll be making a fortune just now.

Terminal 5 was something else...definitely faults in its planning and conception...too few security screening points meaning large queues, security points located too close to the top of a very high escalator meaning the queues back up dangerously on to it, so of course passengers are allowed only in a rota up the escalator...long queues at the booking desks and a disproportionate number of desks given over to Club passengers meaning Economy goes very slowly...not good, I'm afraid. Obviously, I didn't see what was happening with the luggage but the delays in its return tell its own story. I imagine there is some very hard thinking going on right now and I wouldn't be surprised if more money isn't needed to get it right second time round.

Some very sad wee stories at surgery tonight which puts most of my trivial concerns into perspective...I'm away to deal with them right now...

No comments: