Monday 26 May 2008

Drinking a cup of tea - an ex Lord Provost twice removed

My invitation to the Queen's Royal Garden Party at Holyrood House fell through the door at the weekend.
On opening I find a colourful insert promoting a new service - you can buy your very own video of your day at the Palace.

Inside very fetching photographs of the Queen and Prince William - both very famous faces...imagine my surprise on discovering the only other person featured with a photograph to himself is my mate Mr Milligan...drinking a cup of tea. Now it is a very long time since Eric ever drank a cup of tea in my presence...usually a pint of extra cold Guiness or a slug of buckfast! Just goes to show the latter did him no harm with the folk at the Palace either.

I understand 5000 invitations go out across Scotland for the Garden Party. Not bad for an ex- Lord Provost twice removed

No comments: