Wednesday 14 May 2008

An unexpected blow

It gets worse...tonight I toddle off to Trinity Academy for the Parents' Council only to be told by the jannie 'that was on Monday'. I ask the Chair of the Council (he is a neighbour) and he tells me kindly (in that way people talk to the confused elderly), 'No. It's the primary school council tonight.' Oh man! I will have to manage my diary a whole lot better.

This afternoon (at a meeting I did get to) we are advised that it is unlikely the NEN will be eligible for Fairer Scotland funding against the new criteria. This is an unexpected blow and will not be popular locally. In response to community demand, the community newspapers were undoubtedly a Labour creation, though at least in the case of NEN, no mouthpiece [my disagreements with the paper are the stuff of legend]. It is no accident, now that Labour is no longer in power, they are under seige. This will test the mettle of both community and Coalition councillors.

No comments: