Wednesday 14 May 2008

early onset dementia

A really pleasant afternoon: met up late with a group of friends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Frank Sinatra's death: Nolan, Fallon, Milligan and Maginnis - the gang of 4, they used to call us... it was great to catch up with long standing pals who have stood together through thick and thin, who can talk in shorthand, know all the references and can all spin a good yarn...

Eric is besotted with Sinatra and can make a pretty irresistible dialectical case for his contribution to 20th century left wing politics. And there's not much Paul and Brian don't know about 20th century international politics of the left either, so between us, we had a barnstorming tour of European and American politics since the first world war...magic.

I left to go to my surgery...on the way there were traffic jams and two calls on the mobbie which I stopped to take. Somehow - God help me- I forgot to go to Royston/Wardieburn Community centre and went home instead. At 5.45pm only 45 minutes late I remembered where I was supposed to be...too late...everybody gone away...this is the second time this week I have missed an appointment...is this early onset dementia, stress or what?

No comments: